Microblading is a technique using a super-fine pen (which is technically, a bundle of 12 to 15 needles) that deposits pigment into skin. The tip is so fine that it can create hair strokes that look like real. And the needles reach only into the superficial layers of the skin, which is what makes the method semi-permanent (versus permanent, like traditional cosmetic tattoos).
Now, before we look at the benefits, I’m going to address a burning question I know everyone is thinking; does microblading hurt? Unfortunately, yes it does. However, not all hope is lost, before beginning the microblading process, your brow artist will numb the area prior to the procedure.
But the benefits are worth the light discomfort!
- Microblading will help reduce the amount of time necessary to get ready in the morning. As every professional woman knows, you have to wake up every morning and “put on your face.” This ritual process of making yourself presentable to the world with makeup takes up a lot of time and can be tiresome. Since Microblading is semi-permanent you won’t need to waste any more time filling in your brows to have them look presentable. It’s easy to see how everyone that wears makeup will be instantly saved by this process!
- Microblading does not smudge or smear off over time, even with exercise or an active lifestyle. This is because microblading implants pigments into the first 3 layers of skin.
- This procedure only takes 1 ½ hours of time for a benefit that lasts up to 3 years! If you, theoretically spent approximately 5 minutes on your brows daily, that piles up to over 33 hours, yearly on your brows!
- If you are concerned about your microblading pigment changing color, don’t worry. In microblading, the ink is specifically made so that it never changes color, it simply fades and loses saturation over time, alerting you for touch up time.
- Lastly, microblading is very safe when in the hands of a professional microblading artist like Lisa Marie.